Monday, November 17, 2008

The joys of voluntary blogging

This is NOT a 'guilt' posting- you know, one of those where you post something because you err, have to? Nor is this a direct outcome of the following conversation with "she-who-shall-not-be-named" (yes, yes, not very original, I know!).

She-who-shall-not-be-named: write!

Me: yes ma'am

She-who-shall-not-be-named: how long does it take to do a blog entry? it is not a thesis or a work of lit.

Me: i think thats my problem, i make everything "work" instead of just writing

She-who-shall-not-be-named: just write for fun. write about my pestering you to write.

Me: :)

She-who-shall-not-be-named: seriously.

Me: yes ma'am!!!!!!!!!

She-who-shall-not-be-named: never thought campaign work would be so...pestilential!


Me: I admire your persistence:)

She-who-shall-not-be-named: pestilence?

Me: same difference!!

She-who-shall-not-be-named: hahaha

Me: :P

She-who-shall-not-be-named: ok, so if i left you alone in this chat window, you might have time to write.

Me: Ok, I have to run, bye for now!

She-who-shall-not-be-named: bye

Me: and i promise I'm not running away

She-who-shall-not-be-named: yengai povai. i know where to find you!

Me: valid point:)


And she did find me, not many hours later, to ask -

She-who-shall-not-be-named: Did you....?

Now, many many hours later, I can say, Yes, I have!!

To return to my original point, I'd like to say again that I have posted this of my own free will and initiative, and haven't been coerced or gently nagged or....you get the point.

All attempts at humour aside, over the last two months, I've come to understand more than ever what an immense undertaking a campaign such as 16 Days is. As a relative newcomer to Prajnya, I've sort of felt like an interested and curious observer at times, peering over the wall (somewhat literally on Facebook), trying to frantically keep track of all the action, amidst other 'daily routines'. Hopefully next year, I'll be able to actually contribute more, and yes, blog a lot more (in anticipation of a 'you know how you can contribute - by blogging' comment!).

Here are some interesting links, all from India Together, and all by Kalpana Sharma, who continues to write with endless zeal and regularity about women, often drawing our attention to important events rarely reported in the mainstream media.

http://www.indiatogether.com/2008/oct/ksh-harass.htm

http://www.indiatogether.org/2008/jul/ksh-work.htm

http://www.indiatogether.org/2007/sep/ksh-silence.htm

Happy Reading, and thinking.

Phew. I can now go off the invisible mode in Google Talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment