Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First words

Confession: I've been agonising over this post for the last one week.

Announcement: I'm not going to agonise anymore.

So here's the bottom line.

I'm excited, grateful, thrilled and terrified that I have been given the opportunity to coordinate this year's edition of the 16 Days Campaign against Gender Violence. I'm looking forward to the next few months, but at the same time, I don't want to wake up tomorrow morning and discover that it is 25th November! Somewhat selfishly, I want to absorb every single minute of this planning, thinking, conceptualising process.

Last year, I was very much a bystander, almost brand new to Prajnya, only voicing the occasional comment/suggestion over email or chat. Little more, little less. From that to THIS is, as you can probably imagine, quite a jump!

So do keep visiting this space for the next four months. I will keep writing, asking for your suggestions, keeping you posted on our ideas.

Here's to an exciting, challenging and wonderfully productive campaign!

No comments:

Post a Comment