Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Meet Our GEMS: Khushbu Sundar

Speaking Up: Khushbu Sundar


Why is this issue important to you?

It’s important to me first of all because I am a woman and I can understand the pain of a woman. Secondly, I am a very responsible mother of two growing girls and I have a vision to give them a very comfortable life and to give them a world free of any kind of atrocities against women. I want them to live without fear.

What is it you feel most strongly about?

I am completely against violence and discrimination from the point where they start at home. Parents differentiate between children; girls are kept indoors and boys encouraged to go out and play, for instance. Girls and boys can both go out and play and they are both equally strong. It’s very important for a woman to speak out against atrocities.

What do you hope your activity for the 2014 campaign will achieve? (Khushbu will be tweeting about gender-based violence during the 16 Days Campaign.)

I don’t claim to be a complete activist but I do like to do my bit. Every drop makes an ocean.

Three things you would suggest that can make a difference?

First, you have to believe completely in what you are doing. Second, you cannot do it as if it is just a time-pass business. Finally, you have to keep going till you completely fulfill the task you undertook.


No comments:

Post a Comment