Thursday, November 22, 2018

With all the wisdom...

I am one month and 6 days old at Prajnya today. And I am two days late with this blog post. This post was supposed to go out before our calendar release and I was supposed to drop hints about it, but anyways...

I want to say it is not an easy feat to learn an organisation’s ethics and values and 10 year’s worth of work and plan a 16-day events calendar all in one month. But this daunting task was made considerably easier by the eight campaign coordinators who came before me and of course, Swarna ma’am herself. I wouldn’t have been able to put together a calendar ‘that works’ in 30 days if not for the documents in blogs and websites and Google drives and the experiences that live in Swarna ma’am’s memory. Depending on this resource at hand, made the campaign planning easier and made me feel less like being lost in the sea. It also makes me feel like I have been here for longer than a month and a few days.

I have come to realise that putting together a campaign for the 9th year might feel like a routine for many who have been associated with Prajnya for long. But this feeling of routine has instilled a sense of confidence in our planning which reflects in the way we have planned this year’s calendar, we know now what works and what doesn't, we know our target audience and the best formats to reach them.

I feel like this calendar has been put together with all the wisdom Prajnya has gained from the past campaigns. I, for one, have embraced this wisdom.

I can not end this post without adding a few lines about this year calendar’s objective. While we have tried to address the newer developments in gender discourse we have also tried to question ourselves if we are done talking about the gender violence issues of the past, Sadly, the answer remains no. So with some old formats and new formats, we have tried to address the issues of the present and of the past. The common theme that emerges from this year’s planned events is the same as every year: reach as many people as possible and initiate as many conversations as possible about gender violence. Because we are not done talking.

So, without further ado, I invite you to check out the 2018 Prajnya 16 days Campaign against Gender Violence calendar. 

- Nafeesa

No comments:

Post a Comment