Friday, December 11, 2020

Here's To My Feminist Experience With Prajnya!

     
    Hello everyone! I’m Meghna Menon, a volunteer at Prajnya since July 2020. I’m currently pursuing my B.A. in Social Sciences from Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Hyderabad. I remember coming across the work Prajnya does numerous times in the past few years. To sit on the other side today, with a hard-working team that has been patient enough to guide me in every possible way, is a privilege.

    The 2020 Prajnya 16 Days Campaign Against Gender Violence was a wonderful learning experience. Sixteen days flew by in the blink of an eye. As someone keenly interested in understanding the feminist movement better, it was illuminating to have various eminent individuals engage in important discourses. My exposure to conversations centring the experiences of marginalised and intersecting identities put me through multiple moments of epiphany. If you were to ask me why I enjoyed volunteering with Prajnya for the 16 Days Campaign, it was for this reason - that I could reflect on the shortcomings of my activism and do better as an ally. 
    It’s nothing short of a feat to have put together a digital campaign in the middle of a pandemic, and I’m incredibly grateful to have had the opportunity to pitch in whenever and wherever I could. Here’s to my first volunteering experience with Prajnya’s 16 Days Campaign Against Gender Violence and here’s to many, many more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment