Sunday, November 29, 2009

A response from Sivakami Velliangiri

We received this warm, lovely note from Sivakami Velliangiri, who read from her work at the Poetry Reading yesterday evening. With her permission, we are posting it here. Sivakami, welcome to Prajnya!:)

"
Thank you for giving this wonderful opportunity to read with Susan Hawthorne and Kutti Revathi. Although I tried to shake it off at first ,because of my chosen goal to encourage and give opportunity to the young,I am glad you gave me the full fifteen minutes.It was a very elite and soulful audience and I know that I did not falter much.I wanted to learn how to read from someone,but I suppose I cannot imitate anyone.Susan's poetry is all embracing and what I read on the net is nothing compared to sitting next to her and listening to her mode of reading.You three really,really care about this issue and that is what makes it so genuine and heart felt.

It is heartening to note such sincerity and enthusiasm and dedication in such young people.I am but a dot in a vast canvas.I bow my head to this Prajnya movement which will gain momentum over the years.

I have always been captivated by the forceful writing of Kutti Revathi. Srillata's reading of Kalyanaraman's translation felicitated all those who could not get into the nuances of the way Revathi uses the Tamil language.

Srilata's moderating and her comments therein were useful and I was able to recapitulate what I had read.Because I sat very near Susan I noticed the extensive foot notes that she had made to help her talk with authority. And what I have understood from her reading is that the issues are the same on the other side of the continent as well.Hoping to be there in the audience for the next year and the years to come.

I am sure we can create awareness by writing and reading.
A big thank you and wishing you more power!
Warm Regards
Sivakami Velliangiri
"

No comments:

Post a Comment